Legal Nurse Consultant Kari Buist-Baker is the Founder of Senior Life Management, Inc. During the course of her richly experienced career, she has reviewed thousands of medical records, and developed thousands of care and case management plans.
With over two decades of Legal Nurse Consulting, she brings a deep level of experience and understanding of complex cases involving neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, catastrophic injury and elder abuse. A Certified Gerontologist, Certified Geriatric Care Manager and Nationally Certified Case Manager, Ms. Buist-Baker is a Licensed RN with exceptional clinical skills and knowledge. In addition, she has received intensive training in medical records review and testimonial interpretation for the court system.
Buist-Baker’s areas of clinical expertise are:
- Elder Abuse and Nursing Home Negligence
- Neurological Disorders and Catastrophic Injury Cases
- Worker’s Compensation and Insurance Litigation
- Professional Fiduciary & Conservatorship Teamwork
Buist-Baker will provide:
- Detailed Medical Records Review and Analysis with appropriate interpretation of all medical terminology & vocabulary
- Identification of Appropriate Standards of Care
- Preparation of Complex Chronological and Deposition Reports
- Identification of Appropriate Medical Experts
- Experienced Expert Witness Testimony
- Interpretation of and Education on Medical Issues
- Attendance at Independent Medical Examinations
When you engage RN, CCM, MCG, LNC Kari Buist-Baker as part of your litigation team, you are giving your client a significant advantage in court. Her adjunct expertise will bolster your team’s understanding of the critical medical and healthcare-related issues involved in the case, while her proven clinical assessment skills, detailed document preparation, and provision of expert testimony will allow you to focus your energies on preparing a winning case!